Friday, April 18, 2008

First Days - Ian


Greetings!
I was coming out at Marseilles Aeroport
And I could not believe it!!

The guy who was sent to meet me at the aeroport … Ian.
He has a sign “L’Eau Vive”.

Now this is unbelievable…
He was the Irish guy that Leslie and I met in the street on the “Cour”
in Aix ..Last Spring!! Turns out he was telling us about L’Eau Vive
when we first met him…but of course, I immediately forgot the name
as it really meant nothing at the time.

Anyway.. Ian has been working at L’Eau Vive for last 3 years
Doing “man-work” and leading Bible Studies for the college students
Who come here to intern.

So here is this guy with a sign at the Aeroport
He says “I know you!!! Why do I know you??
“I was standing here with the sign looking at this guy
coming out that door”

“And thinking … why does that guy look familiar?.. And was thinking … out of maybe 300,000,000 Americans, the one guy coming off that plane, who greets me…and I actually
know him?”

I tell you that he immediately made me feel at home!

Amazing!

No comments: